Friday 16 January 2009

FK-12 Comet OO-G20 - Happy new owners

OO-G20 awaiting the application of its new registration markings


FK-12 Comet c/n 59 was recently bought by new owners in Belgium.

This Comet was originally factory built by B&F and first flew in 2003 and became registered with the French Dept registration "59-CHP".

"59-CHP" operated from the airfield at Baisy-Thy ( EBBY ) in Belgium ( many French registered ultralight aircraft are based in Belgium ).

The new owners are Johan and Geert and the aircraft is now registered in Belgium as OO-G20 and has flown approx 215 hours to date. They intend to base the aircraft at Wevelgem ( EBKT ) from April 2009.



I asked them to tell me a little more about their new aircraft

""We are two pilots that fly most of the time together with our different aircrafts. We bought it for this reason : I told already that I also have the Eurofox and the Eurostar and I dreamt about the millennium aircraft but I think this will never be available as an ultralight. Plane , so I wanted something that was beautiful to see and that gave a really satisfaction in flying art . Combined with the big demanding of piloting skill to be able to fly the FK 12, I really fell in love with this plane.

Sitting backwards, right in the middle, it gives you the feeling that you are flying an old warbird built in the millennium !

It is a well manoeuvrable plane with high stability qualities and has the possibility to be flown with a closed or open canopy : great !

And last but not least : the plane has good looks ; I do not know any double wing ultralight that looks even beautiful and aggressive.""


Many Thanks to Johan and Geert for sharing this FK-12 news with us.


July 2009 - With thanks to Freddy Ceulemans I can now add a more recent photo showing OO-G20 with its registration letters applied.

2 comments:

rogerb said...

Hi Steve, Do you know if anyone has ever tried to operate/register a Comet in the UK ?

Local said...

Hi Roger,

There are currently no B&F aircraft registered in the UK - no FK-9, no FK-12 and no FK-14.

All are of course very popular in Europe.

I read last year that B&F were hoping to offer a UK version of the FK-9 in 2009 - if you learn more please let me know - Thanks